Curriculum Vitae of Dr. Lalremruata Bawitlung
Date of Birth: 12/12/1981
Permanent Address: B-27, Vaivakawn, Aizawl – 796009, Mizoram, India
Phone: +919436779952 (M)
Designation: Assistant Professor
Present Working Place: Department of Physics, Mizoram University, Aizawl-796004, India
|1||B.Sc. (Physics)||2003||Distinction (85%)||University of Pune|
|2||M.Sc. (Physics)||2005||First Class (73%)||University of Pune|
|3||Ph. D(Nuclear Physics)||2010
|University of Pune and BARC, Mumbai|
|4||Postdoctoral Research Associate||May’2010 – May’2011||Triangle University Nuclear Laboratory/Duke|
Teaching Experiences: P.G. = 6 years (appx.)
- “Measurements, EXFOR compilation and theoretical study of nuclear data” (Aug. 2012-2017) BRNS Rs. 29.08 Lakhs.
- Measurement and compilation of zinc-70 neutron capture cross sections (a candidate of reactor dosimetry reaction) for fast neutrons. (Oct. 2015 – Sept. 2016) IAEA, Vienna.
Ph. D topic:
- “Studies on (a) cross-sections for emission of charged particles in nuclear reactions induced by 14.77 MeV neutrons and 100 keV deuterons with a few target elements, and (b) excitation functions of Ni(n,p) and 93Nb(n,2n)92Nbm reactions from threshold to 24 MeV.”
Research Experienced Abroad:
- Worked with Prof. H. Gao, Medium Energy Physics Group, Department of Physics and Triangle University Nuclear Laboratory, Duke University, USA from May’2010 – May’2011 as a Postdoctoral Research Associate and carried out experiments using 3He polarized target, and High Intensity Gamma Source(HIGS).
Ph.D Research Scholars:
- Mr. Lalrinmawia Punte(2012-Present) : Research Topic“Measurement of neutron capture cross sections on 70Zn(n,g)71Znm reactions using isotopically enriched 70Zn at few MeV incident neutron energies”. Submitted
- Mr. H. Lalremruata(August 2013- Present) : Research topic “Study of 55Mn(p,a)52Cr reaction and characterization of RF Oscillator for low energy charged particle accelerator”.
- Rebecca Lalnuntluangi (August 2013 – present): Research topic “Development of 7Li(p,n)7Be neutron energy spectrum code and measurement of neutron radiative capture cross-section on few structural elements in the keV neutron energy regions”.
Graduate courses taught:
- Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics-I, Radiation Physics, Mathematical Physics, Electrodynamics, Nuclear and Particle Physics.
- Currently National Coordinator for EXFOR compilation in India, under Nuclear Data Physics Centre of India.
- Consultant to the International Atomic Energy Agency(IAEA), Vienna, Austria.
Life Member/Member of the following bodies:
- American Physical Society since 2010
- Theoretical nuclear physics especially on nuclear model developments.
- Nucleon/charged particle induced reaction cross sections, activation measurements, direct charged particle detections etc.
- Nuclear structure study.
- Development, fabrication and characterization of Particle detectors.
- Measurements of spin-dependent assymetry of two and three body photodisintegration of polarized 3He by circularly polarized photons in the energy range upto pion production threshold and test state of the art theoretical models of few-body physics.
- Search for short range spin dependent forces from the monopole-dipole interactions.
- Development of neutron source codes for 7Li(p,n)7Be reactions.
Seminar, Symposium, Conference attended / organized.
- SERC School on “Nuclear Dynamics at low and Medium Energies and Nuclear Structure” Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics and Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre(VECC), Kolkata from March13 – April 2,2006.
- “DAE-BARC theme meeting on EXFOR compilation of nuclear data” Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai from 4th – 8th September,2006. and also gave a talk on the exfor compilations.
- BARC Golden Jubilee DAE-BRNS NATIONAL WORKSHOP ON NUCLEAR DATA FOR ADVANCED NUCLEAR SYSTEMS”, November 8-11,2006, Microtron Centre,Mangalore University, Karnataka
- DAE-BARC theme meeting on EXFOR compilation of nuclear data” BARC, Mumbai from 29th – 2nd October,2007.
- “Fusion Neutronics Workshop(FNW)” 20th -22nd November,2007, Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
- Invited Speaker in DAE-BRNS theme meeting on Covariance Error Matrix in Nuclear Data, February 25th to 28th, 2008. Department of Statistics, Manipal University, Karnataka.
- Organizing Committee member in Raman Memorial Conference-2008. Department of Physics, University of Pune.
- Volunteer in One Day National Seminar on Applications of Particle Accelerators 11th May. 2008 Organized by Department of Physics and Indian Physics Association.
- Invited speaker in Specialist Meeting on Advanced Scientific Data- 2009. Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research(IGCAR), 10-11th, August, 2009, Kalpakkam, Tamil Nadu.
- International Conference on Nuclear Data for Science and Technology April 26-30, 2010 Jeju Island, South Korea(Sponsored by IAEA)
- Represented India in the 3rd Asian Nuclear Reaction Database Development Workshop (ANRDW-3), 27 – 29 August 2012 at the Pohang Accelerator Laboratory (PAL) in Pohang, South Korea.
- Consultant’s meeting on Benchmarking of the Digitization Software, 12-14 November 2012, IAEA Headquarters, Vienna, Austria.
- The 5th DAE-BRNS Theme Meeting on EXFOR Compilation of Nuclear Data (February 18-22, 2013) , Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
- Represented India in technical Meeting on International Network of Nuclear Reaction Data Centres (NRDC-2013), 23-25 April 2013, IAEA Headquarters, Vienna, Austria.
- The AASPP 5th Asian Nuclear Reaction Database Development Workshop (ANRDW-5), 22 – 24 September 2014, AnushaktiNagar, BARC, Mumbai.
- Resource Person in the The 6th DAE-BRNS Theme Meeting on EXFOR Compilation of Nuclear Data (January 21-24, 2015) , Bangalore University, Bangalore
- Organize CMDAYS2016 (Secretary) at Department of Physics, Mizoram University, Aug. 24-26, 2016.
- Visited IAEA, Vienna as Consultant Oct. 24-28, 2016 and attended Workshop on Compilation of Experimental Nuclear Reaction Data for EXFOR Database, IAEA’s Headquarters, Vienna 24-28th October 2016 and presented a paper entitled “Nuclear Data Activities at Mizoram University”.
- Resource Person in the The 7th DAE-BRNS Theme Meeting on EXFOR Compilation of Nuclear Data (March 6-10, 2017) , NEHU, Shillong.
- Organized EPNRDM-2017(Convener) at Department of Physics, Mizoram University, March 13-14th 2017.
- Represented India in Technical Meeting on International Network of Nuclear Reaction Data Centres (NRDC-2017), 23-26 May 2017, IAEA Headquarters, Vienna, Austria.
List of Publications:
- Measurements of neutron capture cross sections on 70Zn at 0.96 and 1.69 MeV, L.R.M. Punte, B. Lalremruata, N. Otuka, S.V. Suryanarayana, Y. Iwamoto, Rebecca Pachuau, B. Satheesh, H.H. Thanga, L.S. Danu, V.V. Desai, L.R. Hlondo, S.Kailas, S. Ganesan, B.K. Nayak, A. Saxena. Physical Review C 95 (2017) 024619
- Thick and thin target 7Li(p,n)7Be neutron spectra below the three-body break up reaction threshold, Rebecca Pachuau, B. Lalremruata, N. Otuka, L.R. Hlondo, L.R.M. Punte , H.H. Thanga. Nuclear Science and Engineering 187(2017) 70
- Uncertainty propagation in activation cross section measurements, N. Otuka, B. Lalremruata, M.U. Khandaker, A.R. Usman, L.R.M. Punte. Radiation Physics and Chemistry(In Press)
- Study of operational characteristics of self-excited push-pull vacuum tube oscillator for R.F. Ion sources, L.R.Hlondo, B.Lalremruata, H.H. Thanga. Science and Technology Journal 4 (2016)60.
- A revisit to self-excited push pull vacuum tube radio frequency oscillator for ion sources and power measurements , R. Hlondo, B. Lalremruata, L. R. M. Punte, L. Rebecca, J. Lalnunthari, and H. H. Thanga. Review of Scientific Instruments 87, 045101 (2016); doi: 10.1063/1.4944943
- Towards a More Complete and Accurate Experimental Nuclear Reaction Data Library (EXFOR): International Collaboration Between Nuclear Reaction Data Centres (NRDC), Otuka, E. Dupont, V. Semkova, B. Pritychenko, A.I. Blokhin, M. Aikawa, S. Babykina,M. Bossant, Chen Guochang, S. Dunaeva, R.A. Forrest, T. Fukahori,N. Furutachi, S. Ganesan, Ge Zhigang, O.O. Gritzay, M. Herman, S. Hlavacˇ, K. Kato, ̄B. Lalremruata, Y.O. Lee, A. Makinaga, K. Matsumoto, M. Mikhaylyukova, G. Pikulina, V.G. Pronyaev, A. Saxena, O. Schwerer, S.P. Simakov,N. Soppera, R. Suzuki,S. Taka ́cs,Tao Xi, S. Taova,F. Ta ́rka ́nyi, V.V. Varlamov, Wang Jimin, S.C. Yang, V. Zerkin, and Zhuang Youxiang. Nuclear Data Sheets 120 (2014)272-276.
- Spin-dependent cross sections from the three-body photodisintegration of 3He at incident energies of 12.8 and 14.7 MeV, G.Laskaris, Q.Ye, B. Lalremruata et. al., Physical Review C 89(2014) 024002.
- First Measurements of Spin-Dependent Double-Differential Cross Sections and the Gerasimov-Drell-Hearn Integrand from 3He(γ,n)pp at incident Photon Energies of 12.8 and 14.7 MeV. G.Laskaris, Q.Ye, B. Lalremruata et. al., Physical Review Letters, 110 (2013) 202501.
- Publisher’s Note: Systematic study of (n,p) reaction cross sections from the reaction threshold to 20 MeV [Phys. Rev. C85, 024624 (2012)], Lalremruata, N. Otuka, G. J. Tambave, V. K. Mulik, B. J. Patil, S. D. Dhole, A. Saxena, S. Ganesan, and V. N. Bhoraskar. Physical Review C 85, (2012) 049903.
- Systematic study of (n,p) reaction cross sections from the reaction threshold to 20 MeV, B Lalremruata, N Otuka, G J Tambave, V K Mulik, B J Patil, S D Dhole, A Saxena, S Ganesan and V N Bhoraskar. Physical Review C 85, (2012) 024624.
- Search for spin-dependeny short-range force between nucleons using optically polarized 3He gas, Zheng, H. Gao, B. Lalremruata, Y. Zhang, G. Laskaris, W. M. Snow, and B. Fu. Physical Review D (Rapid Communications) 85 (2012) 031505.
- Three-body photodisintegration of 3He with double polarizations at incident photon energies 12.8 MeV and 14.7 MeV, G Laskaris, Q Ye, H Gao, B Lalremruata et al. Bulletin of the American Physical Society, 56, (2011) 9
- 100 keV deuteron induced reactions on natural lithium, B.Lalremruata, V.Mulik, S.D. Dhole, S. Ganesan, V.N. Bhoraskar. Physical review C 80, (2009) 044617
- Excitation function of 93Nb(n,2n)92Nbm reaction from threshold to 24MeV, B.Lalremruata, S.D. Dhole, S. Ganesan, V.N. Bhoraskar. Physical Review C 80, (2009) 014608
- Double differential cross-sections of (n,α) reactions in aluminium and nickel at 14.77 MeV neutrons. B.Lalremruata, S.D. Dhole, S. Ganesan, V.N. Bhoraskar. Nuclear Physics A 821(2009) 23-35.
- Excitation functions and isotopic effects in (n, p) reactions for stable nickel isotopes from reaction threshold to 20 MeV, B.Lalremruata, S. Ganesan, V.N. Bhoraskar, S.D. Dhole. Annals of Nuclear Energy 36 (2009) 458-463
National journals/proceedings/Technical Reports:
- Measurement of activation cross sections of (n,p) reactions, M.Bhike, A.Saxena, B.K.Nayak, S.Ganesan, B. Lalremruata, R.Palit, R.Tripathi, S.Sodaye, A.V.R.Reddy, S.Kailas and R.K.Choudhury. DAE-BRNS symposium on nuclear physics , December 11-15,2006, The maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Investigation of the neutron induced reaction cross section of various elements in the incident energy range of En = 1 – 4 MeV, M.Bhike, A.Saxena, B.J.Roy, S.Ganesan, B. Lalremruata et.al DAE Symposium on Nuclear Physics, Vol.-56, (2006) 403
- Experimental cross-sections of nuclear reactions compiled through the EXFOR Ranjita Mandal, B Lalremruata, V N Bhoraskar, and S Ganesan. DAE-BRNS symposium on nuclear physics , December 22-26,2008, IIT Roorkee.
- Measurement and estimation of cross- sections of 138Ba(n,2n)137mBa and 55Mn(n, α)52V reactions at 14.8 MeV neutron energy, V.K. Mulik, B. Lalremruata, H.Naik , S.V.Suryanarayan, S.Ganesan, S.D.Dhole and V.N. Bhoraskar. Proceedings of the DAE Symp.on Nucl. Phys. 55 (2010)360
- A Systematic Study of (n,p) Reaction Cross Sections in the Mass Region 50 to 140 from Threshold up to 20 MeV, Lalremruata, V.Mulik, S.D. Dhole, S. Ganesan, V.N. Bhoraskar. International Conference on Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, 1073(2010)209. Jeju Island, South Korea.
- Toward More Complete and Accurate Experimental Nuclear Reaction Data Library (EXFOR) -International Collaboration Between Nuclear Reaction Data Centres (NRDC), Otuka, E. Dupont, V. Semkova, B. Pritychenko, A.I. Blokhin, M. Aikawa, S. Babykina, M. Bossant,Chen Guochang, S. Dunaeva, R.A. Forrest, T. Fukahori, N. Furutachi, S. Ganesan, Ge Zhigang, O.O. Gritzay,M. Herman, S. Hlavaˇc, K. Kato, B. Lalremruata, Y.O. Lee, A. Makinaga, K. Matsumoto, M. Mikhaylyukova, Pikulina, V.G. Pronyaev,4 A. Saxena, O. Schwerer, S.P. Simakov, N. Soppera, R. Suzuki, S. Tak´acs,Tao Xi, S. Taova, F. T´ark´anyi, V.V. Varlamov, Wang Jimin, S.C. Yang, V. Zerkin, and Zhuang Youxiang. Proceedings of International Conference on Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, (2013), New York, USA.
- Measurement of fast neutron radiative capture cross sections for 70Zn(n,g)71Znm reaction using isotopically enriched 70Zn isotope in the incident neutron energy range 0.3 – 1.5 MeV. L.R. M. Punte, B. Lalremruata et al.,Proceedings of the DAE Symp. on Nucl. Phys. 58 (2013)384
- Analysis of the isomeric cross section ratios within the statistical model, Satheesh, M. M. Musthafa, B. P. Singh, R. Prasad, and B. Lalremruata. Proceedings of the DAE Symp. on Nucl. Phys. 58 (2013)434
- Production of the isomeric pairs 119g,mTe and 121g,mTe in proton induced nuclear reactions, Satheesh,_ M. M. Musthafa, B. P. Singh, R. Prasad, B. Lalremruata, H. H. Thanga, and L. R. Punte. Proceedings of the DAE Symp. on Nucl. Phys. 58 (2013)350
- Thick and thin target 7Li(p,n)7Be neutron spectra below the threebody break up reaction threshold. Rebecca Pachuau, B. Lalremruata, N.Otuka, L.R. Hlondo, L.R.M. Punte, H.H.Thanga. Proceedings of the DAE-BRNS Symp. on Nucl. Phys.61(2016)430
- Measurements of neutron capture cross sections on 70Zn at 0.96 and 1.69 MeV, Lalremruata, L.R.M. Punte, N. Otuka, Rebecca Pachuau, Y. Iwamoto, S.V. Suryanarayana, B.K. Nayak, B. Satheesh, H.H. Thanga, L.S. Danu, V.V. Desai, L.R. Hlondo, S. Kailas, S. Ganesan, A. Saxena. IAEA Technical report INDC-IND-0049 (2017)
- A tool for calculation of 7Li(p,n)7Be neutron source spectra below the three- body break-up reaction threshold, Rebecca Pachuau, B. Lalremruata⋆, N. Otuka, L.R. Hlondo, L.R.M. Punte, and H.H. Thanga. Proceeding on International Conference on Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, 11-16 September 2016, Geel, Belgium.